Seven Tips for a Truly Pet-friendly Hotel Stay | Pets
(Welcome to our pet column, courtesy of Pet Connection Programs Inc. of Marilla. We post a new article each week, so be sure to check back on a regular basis!)
Let's face it, the last thing you want to do when heading out on the road is leave the furry family members behind. Comfort Inn hotels say they are no strangers to guests traveling with pets and offer the following tips to make your next stay at a pet-friendly hotel, truly pet-friendly:
1. Call ahead to double check pet policies and ask if a kennel is required to avoid any unpleasant surprises upon arrival.
2. Pack your pet's bed along with their favorite blanket or toy to help them feel at home in the unfamiliar space.
3. Ask about a pet notification door hanger at the front desk, or bring your own to be sure hotel staff and other guests are aware a four-legged guest is staying in your room.
4. Know your pet's weight. Some hotels have weight restrictions and you may be asked to provide this information at check-in.
5. If you have to leave your pet alone in your room, turn on the radio or TV before leaving; the background noise and voices will be soothing.
If your pet suffers from separation anxiety, don't leave them alone. Noise complaints and damage fees could ruin an otherwise perfect vacation.
— News Canada
(For more information on pets and animal adoption, please visit www.petconnectionprogramsinc.com. Or, visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pet-Connection-Programs-inc-Marilla-NY/114420508616511?ref=ts. Located in Marilla, N.Y., Pet Connection Programs Inc. is a nonprofit maternity and special care shelter founded in 1984.)
Top East Aurora Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Picked Up by Hamburg Police After Leaving Scene of Car Crash
- JACOBS MAKES BOATER’S SAFETY GUIDE AVAILABLE AT CLERK'S OFFICE
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th