Buffalo Man Killed in Route 400 Accident | News
Elma, N.Y. - A Buffalo man is dead after he lost control of his car while driving on Route 400 Thursday night.
Erie County Sheriff investigators are withholding the man's name pending notification of family members.
They say the accident happened just before 9 p.m. when the man's Crown Victoria hit a concrete barrier inside a Northbound construction zone near Jamison Road.
The driver lost control, went off the road and rolled the car into a side ditch.
The Sheriff's Accident Investigation Unit is looking into the accident and says speed appears to be a contributing factor.
Spring Brook Fire Company and the Jamison Road Fire Company responded to the scene.
The expressway was shut down for about four hours.
Top East Aurora Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th
- Early Entry Deadline Is Friday For WNY Hog Preview Classic at The Fairgrounds
- Town of Hamburg Identity Theft Protection Day