Buffalo Man Killed in Route 400 Accident | News
Elma, N.Y. - A Buffalo man is dead after he lost control of his car while driving on Route 400 Thursday night.
Erie County Sheriff investigators are withholding the man's name pending notification of family members.
They say the accident happened just before 9 p.m. when the man's Crown Victoria hit a concrete barrier inside a Northbound construction zone near Jamison Road.
The driver lost control, went off the road and rolled the car into a side ditch.
The Sheriff's Accident Investigation Unit is looking into the accident and says speed appears to be a contributing factor.
Spring Brook Fire Company and the Jamison Road Fire Company responded to the scene.
The expressway was shut down for about four hours.
Upcoming Events near East Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author