Hilbert’s Bald for Bucks Fundraiser Exceeds Goal | Community Spirit
HAMBURG, N.Y. – A Goin’ Bald for Bucks fundraiser hosted at Hilbert College on April 3 raised nearly $6,400, more than double the event goal, in support of cancer research and patient care programs at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
Sponsored by the Hilbert Junior Leadership Scholarship group, several students, faculty and staff had their hair shaved or cut at the fundraiser.
Among the participants (pictured here) were, left to right: Andrew Maguda of Cheektowaga; Marne Griffin of Marilla, associate professor of English; Orchard Park residents Kathryn Eskew, associate professor of human and rehabilitation services, and Ron Eskew, Ph.D., director of institutional research and assessment; Rebecca Sutton of Eden; Gregory Zitnik of Blasdell; Jonathan Hulbert of Frewsburg, Student Government Association president, who helped organize the fundraiser and participated in honor of a family member; Andrew D'Amico of Akron; and Lisamarie Bensman, Ph.D., of Buffalo, assistant professor of psychology.
Top East Aurora Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th
- Early Entry Deadline Is Friday For WNY Hog Preview Classic at The Fairgrounds
- Town of Hamburg Identity Theft Protection Day