Hilbert’s Bald for Bucks Fundraiser Exceeds Goal | Community Spirit
HAMBURG, N.Y. – A Goin’ Bald for Bucks fundraiser hosted at Hilbert College on April 3 raised nearly $6,400, more than double the event goal, in support of cancer research and patient care programs at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
Sponsored by the Hilbert Junior Leadership Scholarship group, several students, faculty and staff had their hair shaved or cut at the fundraiser.
Among the participants (pictured here) were, left to right: Andrew Maguda of Cheektowaga; Marne Griffin of Marilla, associate professor of English; Orchard Park residents Kathryn Eskew, associate professor of human and rehabilitation services, and Ron Eskew, Ph.D., director of institutional research and assessment; Rebecca Sutton of Eden; Gregory Zitnik of Blasdell; Jonathan Hulbert of Frewsburg, Student Government Association president, who helped organize the fundraiser and participated in honor of a family member; Andrew D'Amico of Akron; and Lisamarie Bensman, Ph.D., of Buffalo, assistant professor of psychology.
Upcoming Events near East Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.