Hilbert’s Bald for Bucks Fundraiser Exceeds Goal | Community Spirit
HAMBURG, N.Y. – A Goin’ Bald for Bucks fundraiser hosted at Hilbert College on April 3 raised nearly $6,400, more than double the event goal, in support of cancer research and patient care programs at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
Sponsored by the Hilbert Junior Leadership Scholarship group, several students, faculty and staff had their hair shaved or cut at the fundraiser.
Among the participants (pictured here) were, left to right: Andrew Maguda of Cheektowaga; Marne Griffin of Marilla, associate professor of English; Orchard Park residents Kathryn Eskew, associate professor of human and rehabilitation services, and Ron Eskew, Ph.D., director of institutional research and assessment; Rebecca Sutton of Eden; Gregory Zitnik of Blasdell; Jonathan Hulbert of Frewsburg, Student Government Association president, who helped organize the fundraiser and participated in honor of a family member; Andrew D'Amico of Akron; and Lisamarie Bensman, Ph.D., of Buffalo, assistant professor of psychology.
Upcoming Events near East Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight