Unique Workshop to Combine Yoga and Poetry at Dog Ears Bookstore | Arts & Culture
“Finding Poetry Through Movement,” a unique workshop that uses movement and breath awareness to uncover images and sensory impressions hidden in the body, will take place from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 2, at Dog Ears Bookstore. The nonprofit bookstore is located at 688 Abbott Road in South Buffalo.
Part of the bookstore’s Creative Writing Workshops program, this class will be led by teacher and poet Linda Drajem, and yoga instructor and poet Kathy Shoemaker. From this new perspective, participants will learn how to translate the body’s language into poetry. The class fee is $20, and no experience is necessary.
For more information about the bookstore or upcoming events, please visit www.dogearsbookstore.org or call 823-2665. You can also follow Dog Ears Bookstore on Facebook for frequent updates.
Top East Aurora Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Picked Up by Hamburg Police After Leaving Scene of Car Crash
- JACOBS MAKES BOATER’S SAFETY GUIDE AVAILABLE AT CLERK'S OFFICE
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th