Trending Now: Color Blocking | Arts & Culture
Color Blocking is defined by wearing two or more solid blocks of color in a single outfit. This summer 2012 look to see a lot more color blocking as designers are adding two or more exaggerated blocks of color. The color blocking trends can be seen on everything from graphic tops, dresses, skirts, shoes, bags and accessories. Color blocking makes traditional simple patterns and cuts look a little more dramatic or structured giving that balanced free spirited style.
This is a trend that anyone can learn and pull off with the right look by simply following the tips below. Join accessory addicts on facebook to get all the latest trends and learn where to buy them http://www.facebook.com/groups/accessoryaddicts/
Color blocking tips
- Take the easy way out buy just purchasing pieces that are colored block if you don’t like experimenting on your own closet. Just be sure to choose one that fit your personal style best.
- Learn the formula one bright, one bold one neutral this is the motto to live by when it comes to color blocking. Make sure you have the right mix of colors.
- Keep in mine the neutral color in color blocking shouldn’t always be nude. Using white, grey, brown and black are great alternatives.
- Color combo choices are important so sticking to 2-3 colors is best. The use of separates are a great way to pulling this off. When it comes to color blocking with separates, the easiest way is to pair a bright hue with a nude hue.
- Use bright vibrant colors/graphics you can try to pair two bold colors, but we suggest starting with a bright top and nude skirt
- Opposites attract so avoid complimentary colors (think outside the box clashing is acceptable) keep in mind you can also use different hues of the same color.
- When its comes to accessories be sure to go for brighter pieces when necessary but keeping it simply also works well look for accessories that compliment the look.
Color Blocking hue tips
- Cobalt Blue, Yellow, Orange
- Chocolate Brown, Pink, Peach
- Purple, Bright Blue, Teal
- Deep Blue, Bright Pink, White
- Coral, Grey, Ivory
Upcoming Events near East Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.